Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adminer - Database management in a single PHP file
When did strokerace get banned, and for why? Biggrin He seemed intelligent enough, but a little on the cocky / knowitall side and refused to accept when he was wrong.

I like Mysql Workbench for the most part. I've heard of adminer, and I've thought about it as a backup but Workbench works. It's just got some quirks, particularly the Windows version. Use the clicky clicky "select all from this table" feature, and you're risking the entire program hanging. Sometimes it doesn't keep good track of changes if you make multiple edits and it's generating sql to run to update ... so I update VERY frequently in edit mode, and use the sql editor to select from tables, and use limits / filters. It's modeling tool is good (again, update frequently!). I also use phpstorm which has some really decent database tools.
Do the codes support MVC? Is routing done?
phpmyadmin is too slow, i want a compromise between phpmyadmin and sql monitor (the command line backend).
do you know some valid alternatives???
E-Mail: dave-null@riseup.net
didnt know that there was a smaller one but i think im sticking with Phpmyadmin.
(04-03-2017, 12:56 PM)RFlintstone Wrote: didnt know that there was a smaller one but i think im sticking with Phpmyadmin.

To earn a Quality Post credit, could you tell us why you are sticking with Phpmyadmin?
resim
resim
i prefer always the standalone and lightweight tools
E-Mail: dave-null@riseup.net
I have tried Adminer and would say one thing about it, it's neat.

But.. I would recommend it only for small personal test projects as I don't see it qualifying to work in the field and try to move PhpMyAdmin an inch from the place it holds in the development scene.
It would not support larger databases and complex databases' schemes.