98 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 11(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preferred VPS - Windows or Linux?
Windows is a good OS but it's front end oriented, therefore, it is slow, and merges a lot of services (as GUI) that aren't useful for a website, charging too much the memory and the CPU, and requires more diskspace.

Beside this, Linux is faster, it doesn't need GUI to run well, and it has more flexibility in all ways.

The main reason that makes the users use Windows in a VPS is fear to know Linux.
I prefer Windows because I use it daily, but I dont have any problems with Linux

I suppose that in time I would end up using the most performance, keeping in mind the hardware limitations
(03-04-2017, 10:02 PM)foretribe Wrote: Linux is good for server

For a Quality Post credit, could you tell us why you think Linux is good for servers?
resim
resim
Linux da best.
(03-10-2017, 08:50 PM)Yozora Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 10:02 PM)foretribe Wrote: Linux is good for server

For a Quality Post credit, could you tell us why you think Linux is good for servers?

For fellowing reason:

1, easy to manage, for linux, you can use lots of bash shell or other shells like python and perl
2, easy  to remote control,  ssh and vi editor and nano editor make you can control you server remotely.
4, compile c++ and source code easily and you can build what ever your service or tools by yourself and opensource.
you can patch those tools and build your own tools.

•  Previous
  • 11(current)