110 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preferred VPS - Windows or Linux?
I preffer linux becouse is more easy install from ssh client, apt-get app etc. Annother side, windows require remote desk, i't have not a package manager, but i think that is there are using software made in nodejs, can use manager packet npm and its de same.
Then i think that linux is most stable, because is more tested in server side than windows, but now, after very years, it's the same. Windows was tried for many years as server in several versions.
Linux environment have a lot's of features that you can't find in windows for free
You need a clear idea of what you're going to use it for. .asp site will be window running IIS, any application or Windows software your running remotely, or an MSSQL data base or exchange server...

But these free VPS servers ain't for running Windows. You might just about get away with developing but any serious usage, behave.

Linux, yes you can configure it to be lean, really lean but still, any really serious use, you need a production server and that is the beauty of Gigarocket, free Dev VPS and loads of experts to meet and share knowledge with... You want a balls out server then pay and so get the sugar of your free Dev box. These guys will still be less than most hosts for dedicated servers, and maybe a bit more than some but weigh it up with the support and community... The math works

Microsoft != Linux + ftw

@drinks2go don't start B-)
c0nvct
Diablo
Follow the thrilling exploits of an unlikely and accident prone super hero, "Blunder Duck". Wherever there is danger, he'll be in it! Curious? Me to, I need help and advice developing a brand and logo based on Blunder's the Duck. If you want to know more about my project don't hesitate to PM me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes c0nvct's post:
  • Genesis
For me Linux is better. Windows is not for games or something he is for uploading things and doing something else but Linux is almost for everything
(3 hours ago)Mikic Wrote: For me Linux is better. Windows is not for games or something he is for uploading things and doing something else but Linux is almost for everything

You are a bit wrong with that. Windows is highly recommended for game servers that runs on windows which gives you more compatibility and allows you to have better control over the files and management.
 Support us on facebook! / Me @Twitter  / Website comming soon   
resim
Ahh man every one have his choice and i choose Linux for me its better.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)